Thursday, October 22, 2009

Method 3

Well, "Wow" is about the only coherent thought I can cough up after learning about "cloud"s. I really had no idea that this virtual plethora of services were available. The possibilites for uses and applications really does boggle my mind! On one hand, I can envision this being something of enormous value to not only our patrons but to our library as well. Why SHOULD we pay for bloated software packages when we can access them for FREE through Google Docs? I didn't peruse all of the documents offered but did get a general impression that they were not quite as robust as MS Word. In other words, my fliers for my teen group would definitely suffer!

Very interesting post by Miss Jenny Levine. I did not know that the "Big G" utilized our search history to insert ads on our emails! tsk, tsk... I will be interested to hear what our director has to say about that.

I will need more time to play, peruse, and contemplate before I am able to form a more definite opinion on Computing in the Clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment